Florida - Jacksonville /
Fanatics Commerce – Accounting & Finance /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Responsible for recording general ledger journal entries, preparing client invoices, conducting account reconciliation and various analyses of financial statements
Entry-level role requiring basic skills with a moderate level of proficiency. Performs discrete tasks working under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment and the ability to overcome minor obstacles while communicating problem areas to others. Consults with senior peers with goal of continually building knowledge/experience while minimizing any risk. This role is focused on learning to apply standards, developing an understanding of the business, and advancing personal professional growth through certifications and tailored goal setting. The position nonetheless exercises delegated authority to make and implement decisions having broad implications to the business. Typically requires a minimum of up to 2 years of experience in an office setting with some experience in bookkeeping.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries
- Prepares cash and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyzes the financial statements and provides concise explanations for variances
- Researches period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales, and expense and provides logical explanations for the fluctuations
- Prepares self-reporting invoices for enhancement and insurance type activities
- Assists internal clients by providing information required to file tax returns, prepare insurance documentation, and any other required information pertaining to the entity
- Performs other related duties as assigned
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, practices and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of banking functions
- Skill in analytical and statistical examination for complex problem solving
- Skill in the use of 10-key adding machine, computer and general office tools
- Ability to create spreadsheets and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prepare financial reports
- Ability to understand financial information
- Ability to work with entry-level and middle managers in analyzing financial situations
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.