Senior Financial Analyst
Florida - Tampa /
Accounting & Finance /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
At Fanatics, we know that numbers are not just for jerseys. Our accounting and finance professionals are charged with taking a highly analytical approach towards financial data across every part of our business. We identify financial successes and opportunities, and then create detailed growth plans to reach and exceed our company goals. We bring numbers to life by developing innovative and strategic reporting as well as actionable insights for key stakeholders and executive leadership. Just as Fanatics continues to rapidly grow, we encourage our team members to do the same by supporting continued education and offering internal career advancement in various areas of Accounting and Finance.
The primary responsibilities of the Sr Financial Analyst-Product Planning are to coordinate and drive the sales to margin planning for the Fanatics brand merchandizing team. Responsibilities to include preparation of sales and margin targets by category, short and long term sales and margin planning, SKU analysis and targets, and general business support for the merchandizing team. Such support to include preparation materials for presentations, and to prepare financial models used to partner with management in setting plans and decision making. This position also provides business support to the CMO on all financial matters or on special projects as needed.
- Prepare monthly and annual sales to margin plans for Fanatics Brand merchandizing team. Ensure that all sales and margin plans are aligned with business GM’s, royalty team, eComm partners, inventory planning, finance and sales.
- Provide and assist in providing and coordinating the long term, including LRP, product revenue and margin planning, annual budgeting and forecasting process with other functional areas, and preparation of presentation materials and analysis to support the long term and annual plan.
- Prepares presentation materials for monthly management meetings, quarterly review meetings, and annual plan reviews
- In addition to all revenue planning and forecasting, provide revenue and margin targets by category that meets the company’s financial goals.
- Assists in ad hoc analysis projects including price/cost/margin analysis and process improvement recommendations and execution.
- CPG industry experience highly preferred
- Experienced with financial analysis and planning around sales, costs, and margins
- 4 - 6 years of Related Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft Word and Excel to include macros and advanced database understanding.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail
- Self-discipline to meet deadlines. Willingness to work extra hours during peak times (monthly close, annual budgeting, etc)
- Effective communication skills (written, presentation, oral)
- Effective organizational skills and detail oriented
- Great teaming skills
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.