Texas - Dallas /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Graphic Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Art directors at The Topps Company are the captains of our graphic design team, steering products and leading team members in the creation of all visual elements for our trading card and collectibles business. As veteran graphic designers and accomplished leaders, our art directors manage all aspects of the creative process and steward each product subset through design and preproduction.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful art director will:
- Collaborate directly with brand managers on product ideation.
- Determine the print technology of each release, balancing aesthetic requirements with cost budgeting and technical efficiencies on press.
- Ensure print specs are captured accurately and with clarity on the bill of materials.
- Establish a brand identity and coherent visual style for each project.
- Execute a host of design and layout concepts, and direct a team of designers to generate trading card and packaging design templates.
- Implement stakeholder feedback and secure internal approvals.
- Oversee the creation of design masters and engage in the comprehensive review of card proof sets.
- Liaise with prepress and manufacturing vendors on all matters relating to card visuals, final press files, and complexities during print and finishing stages.
At Topps, our art directors:
- Are creative, innovative, professional and organized.
- Have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic concepts that connect with our consumers.
- Elevate the design work of our group while guiding team members to take their creative efforts to the next level.
- Excel at time management and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the trading card and collectibles industry, consumer trends, and competitor products.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.