Staff Software Engineer
India, Hyderabad /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will join an engineering team and help mentor and guide the engineering team. In this role, we are looking for a dedicated individual with experience in leading others, service framework and application development with a full stack understanding. This individual is also expected to operate in agile, high pace and test-driven development.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of Software Engineers, liaison to Manager
- Participation in the process of the Agile software development lifecycle while working with cross-functional team members - Development Leads, Architects, Quality Engineering and Product managers - in a highly collaborative development environment
- Hands-on contribution to the development of our Fanatics Brands applications, underlying Infrastructure and Tools.
- Deliver high quality, robust and scalable code
- Utilize newly developed best practices, software development techniques, and frameworks with other teams within the organization
- Assess and communicate risks based on complexity, resources and timeline constraints.
- Perform research, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Participate in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of our Cloud-based platform
What we're looking for:
- Requires at least 8+ years of software development experience
- Requires knowledge of React JS and Node JS scripting languages
- Requires knowledge of build tools and source controls
- Requires experience with databases like MySQL on AWS
- Requires experience with database stored procedures, functions, triggers, and data import processes.
- Requires knowledge of open source application frameworks and RESTful services
- Requires knowledge of Microservices and container platforms like Docker
- Experience participating as part of an engineering team, including roles in a high-paced agile environment
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to scale and participate in multiple, major projects and ensure they are delivered on time according to project schedules. Requires in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles and their utilization in software projects
- Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work constructively in a collaborative team environment
- Prior experience in licensed product manufacturing applications
- Prior experience in wholesale/retail applications
- Hands-on experience in the Cloud; specifically, AWS
- Hands-on experience with Open-Source projects
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers