Reporting and Analytics Manager
Texas - Dallas /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - eCommerce /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Topps, under Fanatics Collectibles, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Reporting and Analytics Manager to join the eCommerce team. This person will be the internal SME on all eCommerce reporting and data sets collected on Topps.com. The ideal candidate will be able to provide insights from complex data points and present recommendations that will drive towards our KPI goals. You will work cross-functionally with eCommerce, Operations, Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Support the eCommerce team in providing new automated reporting around sales, shipment, customer, site and other metrics.
- Identify and implement new tools and technologies to improve reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Develop and maintain reporting dashboards and visualizations.
- Develop automated reporting processes to support eCommerce business functions.
- Carry out ad hoc analyses upon request.
- Apply technical and analytical skills to collect, store and the present data in a digestible manner.
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis against targets and current performance.
- Identifying key opportunities or issues, with next step recommendations.
- Develop a team of analysts to deliver accurate and insightful reporting and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as data science.
- At least 5-10 years of data analytics and reporting experience, preferably within an eCommerce environment.
- Strong analytics skills with experience in data visualization and reporting tools such as Magento BI, Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with SQL and database management.
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms and technologies.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.