Associate Packaging Engineer
Texas - Sunnyvale /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Operations /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Associate Packaging Engineer, reporting to the Packaging Engineer in the Product Engineering department, is an essential contributor to new product development, quality improvement, and cost savings to all packaging projects across the full product line. They will support and lead packaging development projects, perform hands-on package testing, and prepare packaging specifications.
- Prepare and maintain packaging specifications based on the finished good configurations required by the Brand Manager and Sales, outlined in bills of materials
- Work with manufacturers to assemble finished goods based on packaging specifications
- Calculate sizing and work with printer for packaging die lines, review and approve die lines from printer, provide Graphics team with die lines based on product release schedule, and develop new die lines as necessary
- Support the development of new packaging configurations and specifications per the guidance and vision of Brand department, as well as produce functional prototypes of new configurations for approval
- Identify and present new and innovative packaging formats and materials to Brand department
- Support various business groups to resolve packaging issues
- Participate in brainstorming and information gathering efforts for product development and resource planning
- Participate in and execute experiments in plant trials
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years work experience in packaging industry or related industry, CPG preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Artios CAD design software
- Understanding of packaging design, materials, sourcing, and functionality
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of test methodology
- Understanding of bill of materials and product specifications
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.