Sr. Platform Engineer
India, Hyderabad /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
Fanatics is looking for a Senior Platforms Engineer to develop and maintain a big data platforms that is highly reliable, scalable, and will serve as the backbone for Fanatics.
• Design, develop, test, and deploy a big data platform
• Deliver secure, reliable, and high-performance infrastructure and APIs
• Work with our infrastructure engineering team to minimize the operational overhead of production systems you deploy
• Come up with new ideas to streamline existing architecture and provide newer capabilities
• Work with partner engineering to see how new features on these big data platforms can ease their pain points and improve their productivity
• Good understanding of Java, Scala and Python
• Experience with platforms like Airtable, Stonebranch, Qubole or similar stacks is a big plus
• In depth knowledge of OOP
• Expertise in Golang or other backend languages
• 8+ years of engineering experience
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed systems
• Deep understanding of architectural patterns of large, mission-critical production services
• You take a rigorous approach to test driven development and have worked in continuous integration/deployment environments.
• Bonus: Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers