Retail Sportsbook General Manager
Ohio - Cleveland /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Retail Operations /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
- Direct and oversee the retail operations for the Fanatics Sportsbook Cleveland location.
- Analyze and communicate profit & loss statements as it relates to the sportsbook location.
- Manage labor levels based on analysis of customer volumes and business plans, and schedule accordinglyInterview, hire, counsel, and train sportsbook employees.
- Plan staff schedules to meet operational needs.
- Ensure a high level of customer service that represents the Fanatics brand & employer values.
- Handles customer service and employee related concerns with professionalism.
- Develop department standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements within sports book area.
- Train all sports book team members in anti-money laundering including suspicious transactions and cash in/out transactions.
- Knowledge of and enforcement of internal controls, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all sports book equipment is in working order
- Oversee and perform Kiosk Cash Drop and Money RoomEnsure a safe work environment through compliance with safety guidelines; identifies potential safety hazards and reports, maintains a professionalism, company, and community reputation.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and current/emerging competitors in the marketplace and make changes/recommendations as neededIdentify, plan and execute local initiatives for market growth.
- Monitors all monies being wagered.
- Monitor all audio/visual equipment programming, ensuring it supports the wagering trends in the book.
- Maintain Sports book supplies inventory on hand for day-to-day business needs.
- Develop a cohesive partnership with the applicable F&B teams.
- Plan and Direct execution of all retail sportsbook events.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory controls and the Ohio Lottery and Gaming Commission.
- Performs other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of gaming regulatory rules and regulations and internal control procedures.
- Must have thorough knowledge of approved Responsible Gaming Program.
- Must qualify for and maintain licensure as required by the Ohio Lottery and Gaming Commission.
- Must possess basic computer skills and preferably familiar with Google Suite and Slack.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.