Retail Sales Analyst
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – FB Corporate /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The Planning Analyst provides interaction and exposure across many of our internal organizations such as Sales, Merchandising, Planning, Buying, Marketing, Product Development, Logistics, Customer Service, Sourcing and Finance. Beyond the analytics (determining how well our various products, categories, teams and players are performing), this position will be closely involved with the Wholesales and Key Accounts teams.
The Analyst is responsible for developing and utilizing weekly/monthly reports, as well as various ad hoc reports, to help identify top/poor sellers within their areas of responsibility. Working with the Sales team, the Analyst will help identify the appropriate action plans to maximize sales, inventory productivity and gross margin. This position will also help reporting monthly results, forecasting sales and reporting the business to cross functional departments.
What you will be doing....
- Assisting with pre-book sales recommendation (review past season sell-in & sell-thru, find new category opportunities)
- The analysis, data interpretation, forecasting to help develop solutions / action plans
- Identifying risk to the in-season plan and provide actionable recommendations to improve results
- Finding potential sales opportunities (macro and item level)
- Assisting with monthly and quarterly business reviews for each pillar of business
- Analyzingshifts and trend in sales within assortment at the gender, category, department and classification level - communicate suggestions to cross-functional teams
- Help make recommendations to leadership on financial impacts to the business based on business trends
- Provide timely and accurate reports / summaries to include ad hoc requests
- Work with technology teams on reporting tools
What you will bring...
- 2-3 years of experience in retail merchandising, buying, or planning (working with Walmart a plus)
- Intense passion for the business, sports and people
- Possesses innovative, team-oriented traits
- Ability to evaluate finical and business indicators and translate data into actionable solutions
- Ability to influence team members through building trust and demonstrating business expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written, verbal and listening communication abilities
- Self-motivated with ability to inspire, motivate and influence others
- Accountable for personal career and skill development
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable solutions
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.