Director, Product Creation/Merchandising
California - Irvine /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Mitchell & Ness /
Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The Director, Energy & Printables for Mitchell & Ness collections, will build and drive business plans for each business unit, ensuring successful execution of the respective initiatives and goals.
What you will be doing...
- Creating and executing business plans for each business unit (Energy & Printables) with a strong focus on margins and both sell-in and sell-through.
- Build the strategic vision in alignment with the company’s design vision on short and long-term initiatives for product lines that achieve or exceed revenue and gross margin targets.
- Manage Product Line Managers (PLMs) to ensure top-tier product lines are created, calendarized effectively, and commercialized, ensuring all key parties and stakeholders are communicated with consistently.
- Help drive and improve the calendarization processes and the calendars, ensuring deadlines are achievable.
- Implement new and improved current processes to improve productivity, speed to market, better margins and enhanced SKU efficiency.
- Create line architecture and line plans that fulfill consumer/market needs, enhances the customer experience, expresses brand vision and tells great stories.
- Utilizing effective presentation and interpersonal skills to deliver impactful and relevant presentations through research, and depth of knowledge of consumer, marketplace, and product.
- Tracks and share current reports and updates to executive management.
- Foster and maintain collaborative cross-functional relationships with all teams, exhibiting leadership and expertise in product categories.
- Direct Merchandisers to funnel analytics from sales figures, customer reaction and market trends to successfully anticipate product needs and execute timely, quantifiable, right time strategies.
- Consistently gather valuable consumer insights through market research, tracking competition, analyzing historical data, requesting regional sales inputs, attending key account meetings and trade shows.
- Utilize market intelligence to drive smart business decisions and identifies growth opportunities, leveraging data and research results to provide seasonal ideation and insight to the design and development teams.
- Process improvement to ensure style/SKU efficiencies to achieve margin targets and financial goals and increase speed to market.
- Build product line presentations with PLMs to present internal and external customers for all growth opportunities.
- Partner with PLMs to develop clear product briefs that deliver on brand vision, seasonal direction, whitespace opportunities, and innovation.
- Ensure accurate data associated with all products, including fit, silhouette, materials, trims, style names, style numbers, prices, colors, leagues, teams, royalties, etc.
- Work with teams to build support tools to ensure product initiatives and details are effectively communicated to all relevant stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Works closely with the Regional Sales Directors to review adoption rate, product, and collection feedback.
- Re-energize urban channels with collections through SOUL which focuses on sneaker hooks and urban channel feedback.
- Delineates product creation through consumer and channel segmentation for trend.
- Creates capsules with consumer segmentation to drive growth in key channels.
What you will bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Apparel, Merchandising, or comparable graduation from a textile school; an equivalent level of work experience (8-10 years) is acceptable with a strong understanding of the product creation process
- 6 plus years of progressive experience specializing in apparel or fashion-related experience in retail buying, or management
- People Developer - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keep emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Strategic Thinking/Future Focus - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Results Oriented - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
$150,000 - $175,000 a year
When determining salary, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.