Quality Engineer II
India, Hyderabad /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer II to develop and execute functional and automated tests to ensure product quality. Must be self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changes in priority and/or strategic direction.
What you'll be doing:
- Review system requirements, specifications, technical design documents and more, providing accurate analysis that improves the product.
- Plan and execute test plans and cases, creating appropriate reports on results.
- Make appropriate recommendations and execution plans based on report findings.
- Work cross-functionally with other Quality Assurance Engineers for testing, ensuring high quality throughout production.
- Effectively document testing phases, identifying, and recording defects, bugs, errors, and other associated issues.
- Assist the team in troubleshooting issues that may arise during testing phase, offering appropriate recommendations and implementations.
- Participate in the retesting process once bugs and issues have been resolved according to plan.
- Manage quality assurance parameters, maintaining statistical process controls, analyzing associated data, and other assorted technical support as needed.
- Stay current with industry trends in testing strategies.
What we're looking for:
- Must have 3-5 years of proven working experience in testing complex applications.
- Must have strong knowledge of overall Enterprise Systems with specific skills in Supply Chain Systems. Hands on knowledge of WMS and ERP systems like Manhattan SCPP and Active WMS, Infor cloud, Oracle NetSuite etc. is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting against Oracle/SQL Server databases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban development process.
- Experience working in global distributed office model.
- Experience with performance testing is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium Automation and knowledge of Java, JS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers