Sr. Manager, Product Design
Remote - USA /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Product Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $138,000 per year - $226,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
As a Sr. Manager, Product Design you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality. You’ll collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary UX, product management and engineering team to frame user needs and behavior, define the optimal user flow and interactions, and ultimately deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is grounded in solid research. In this role, you will lead a small team of designers on a fast-paced team working on our core sportsbook experiences. You’ll work on a dynamic mix of platform and product challenges that are important to the future of Fanatics Sportsbook, in your capacity as manager as well as IC contributor when required.
- Drive and own key initiatives for our Sportsbook and Casino experiences, helping to craft the vision for our product by identifying new opportunities and prioritizing enhancements.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, experience researchers, content designers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our internal and external users.
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners and customers
- Building positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, marketing, and the broader UX team, as well as continuously "raising the bar" as an effective leader of positive change
- Leading cross-functional collaboration efforts like workshops & design sprints in order to generate and evaluate creative solutions.
- Leveraging cross-functional leadership skills to help to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Being an active mentor for senior designers, and helping lead critique, design reviews, and planning
- Create detailed user flows, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams and the rationale for decisions that were made.
- Lead more junior designers in your feature area in the creation of high-quality deliverables that reflect high-quality thinking and decision-making.
- Writing and maintaining UX documentation on design elements, patterns, layouts, and user flows, including usage guidelines and best practices. Lead more junior designers in your feature area throughout the process of creating high-quality documentation.
- Address and design for the entire user experience, including edge-cases and unhappy paths.
- Track the impact of your work via user feedback and data insights to help the team identify opportunities for continued iteration
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- 3+ years of experience leading large-scale initiatives and mentoring designers in your area of expertise.
- A track record of designing high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Expert knowledge of the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, information architecture, interaction design, and user interface design.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that clearly communicate complex concepts across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions inside and outside your own product area.
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- Experience conducting accessibility evaluations of components and/or page-level designs, excellent knowledge of accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and a track record of advocating for accessibility improvements and prioritization.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- You understand front-end code, the limitations of technology and have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- You are curious and like to stay in tuned with the latest updates and techniques.
- You are a teacher and like guiding others on best practices and latest techniques.
- You are a proactive self-starter, systems thinker, comfortable with taking what is ambiguous and making it tangible by leveraging design thinking techniques.
- Proficient in Figma as well as other design and prototyping tools.
- Open to regular travel to gaming events, content suppliers and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.