Distribution Forecasting Analyst
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – Operations - FB - AVP /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics Brands is looking for a Distribution Forecasting Analyst to work cross-functionally with our Operations and Planning team on long- and short-term Distribution Inbound and Outbound planning. This primary focus will be around maintaining a 12 month view of Units and Space capacity requirements across Internal and 3rd Party Distribution Centers. The primary objective will be to assist building out capacity plans to allow for staging of Inbound Supply for quick and timely execution of Customer Orders delivering best in class service. This position also provides support on special projects as needed for the US Operations team based in Tampa.
The successful candidate for the Analyst role will assist developing Key Performance Indicators reporting and Dashboards to communicate status and drive course correct decisions when needed. This candidate will also work closely with the Allocation, Order Fulfillment, and Production Readiness teams to ensure the long-range strategy aligns with operational strategy, constraints, and needs from a Distribution perspective. The ability to create and generate exception-based reporting as well as build and analyze large data sets will be key. This position will be reporting directly to the Director of Distribution Forecast Planning and will collaborate and inform site leaders and Senior Management.
What you will be doing...
- Develop an understanding of the different Distribution sites for the Enterprise
- Create a capacity data base to support short- and long-range capacity planning of distribution by Location by week. The long-term capacity plan should take into consideration Inbound and Outbound relationship in order to maintain excellent service levels.
- Develop and update capacity requirements/master distribution schedule weekly to ensure automation tools, reporting, are considering real-time capacity offerings and requirements by facility.
- Partner with tech/data teams to ensure capacity database is aligned with Fanatics enterprise order and production data models.
- Define and manage Distribution capacity parameters that will be used to drive capacity decision making logical at the Enterprise level.
- Partner with Planning and Operations/Production teams to ensure forecasts are being provided correctly at the level of detail needed to compare requirements to capacity offerings.
- Partner with tech and cross-functional business teams to define optimal business rules and logic that will drive automated allocation decisions based on customer SLA and facility capacity.
- Partner with order fulfillment, production, inventory, and tech teams to identify current gaps in data, data integrity issues, data timeliness issues that jeopardize capacity-related utilization.
- Participate in weekly operational meetings with internal and / or external Distribution teams to discuss the capacity plan, required staff, priorities and issue resolution.
- Respond to demand and supply changes in a timely and accurate manner in order to minimize open capacity and maintain efficiencies.
- Develop and work with tech to build KPIs for Capacity. Set goals and expectations on deliverables for metrics.
- Develop and maintain working statistics regarding capacity utilization and the financial impacts of facility selection, open / unused capacity, and over capacity.
- Provide executive summaries on Internal and 3PDs distribution capacity offerings, challenges, and risks as part of weekly/monthly leadership meetings.
- Analyze inventory positioning across internal and external networks fulfillment centers to ensure it is aligned with current or upcoming demand.
- Create and improve current state processes, systems, tool sets, and business rules to support Fanatics continuous goal of improving customer SLA while operating profitably.
- Conversant in current analytical tools (MS Excel, MicroStrategy/Business intelligence tools) is a must.
- Continuous improvement mindset with the goal of driving more automation of executional/transactional activities to ensure time is spent on analytical and strategic activities
- Establish Data-driven processes and decision-making patterns. Support in creation of a “playbook” for decision making and exception management.
What you will bring...
- 2+ years of Related Inventory analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Business, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Logistics or a Related Field is preferred
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit a sense of urgency, working in a fast-paced environment with constructive judgment during demanding situations
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (e.g., data modeling, reporting, logic-based formulas, pivot tables)
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-discipline to meet deadlines and consistently execute daily/weekly/monthly structured processes
- Effective communication skills (written, presentation, oral)
- Effective organizational skills and detail oriented
- Willingness to work extra hours during peak times
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.