Graphic Designer I, Signature (Elevated Lifestyle Apparel)
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Design (Apparel and Graphic) /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Creative, passionate and driven Graphic Designer that utilizes a strong sense of brand identity, color, graphic design, and basic production art techniques to create professional designs and develop seasonal sports apparel assortments. The Designer will partner with other in-house design teams to maintain Corporate Branding and season creative direction that enhance individual Leagues through visual storytelling. This person needs to be results-oriented, team player with a passion for sports.
- Responsible for creating apparel graphics for our licensed sports business and for the build out of master art files, inclusive of licensing sheet which includes size based on specs, decoration for building of materials (BOM), call outs on full size art, appropriate branding, and the addition of copyrights (& rules) as needed
- Assist in the development and maintenance of presentation decks, collection boards, supporting brand and league systems administration
- Creation of non-calendared special art request graphic concepts
- Local trend shopping, reference and research and development for multiple apparel embellishment techniques, including: screen print, heat transfers and appliques, embroidery, etc.
- Application of Intermediate-level typography skills for font research, development, and implementation in apparel graphics
- Maintain an active understanding of trends in sports apparel and sports / pop culture, consumer insights, new business opportunities, and competitors in the market to influence design aesthetic and strategy through the development of mood, trend, and ideation boards
- Confidently share fresh perspectives that will enhance creativity and promote new ideas through written and verbal communications to internal partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in retail, Licensing, or Sports related experience a plus.
- (REQUIRED) Must provide a strong professional portfolio showcasing a wide range of design skills/abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change, and maintain composure under pressure. Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards team, vendors, and clients.
- Intermediate level knowledge using Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Intermediate skills in typography
- Demonstrate intermediate-level knowledge of color theory, composition, and concept development, adhering to brand guidelines
- Entry-level production art knowledge
- Familiarity working within project management systems
- Intermediate level use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; should be able to deliver ideas and decisions in a professional manner
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work effectively and cross-functionally across all teams and departments
- Can manage projects individually or as a part of a team.
- Results driven and solutions focused
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Sports fan a plus
- Occasional travel possible
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.