Senior Postgres DBA
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering IT /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $152,000 per year - $228,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a Postgres DBA at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you are here to be part of the growing IT Infrastructure organization. We are seeking a DBA to be part of the growing IT Infrastructure organization. This engineer will be responsible for the availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance of our data environment. Data is at the heart of our business and this role will enable our Compliance, Data Science, and Product Engineering teams to deliver and operate a world class SportsBook and iCasino. The Engineer will be an expert technologist with experience in database administration, high availability, and AWS data infrastructure. This team member will design and implement database hosting standards for PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Responsible for running and maintaining our PostgreSQL data platforms.
- Manage a multi-region fault-tolerant data replication strategy in AWS.
- Review, optimize, and approve schema changes.
- Maintain data integrity and quality through highly available cloud infrastructure and database backup and restore procedures.
- Manage data migrations between non-production environments.
- Deploy production database engines and optimize the database developer experience.
- Troubleshoot and tune databases to optimize transactional performance.
- Implement and manage the security of our databases and corresponding data.
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Experience working in a high-growth tech start-up.
- Experience selecting and maintaining the proper database implementation for customer needs.
- Expert in performance tuning and optimization of MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience running transactional database systems at scale across multiple geographic regions.
- Experience with cloud-hosted NoSQL and relational database implementations.
- Familiar with database replication technologies.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Experience with implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
- Prefer knowledge of Terraform Cloud and managing database engines through Terraform code.
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.