Director Trademark Administration
New York - New York /
Business Affairs – Business Affairs & Legal /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics is seeking a smart, organized and motivated Director of Trademark Administration & Enforcement to support its in-house attorneys. This role is based in [Atlanta, New York, Jacksonville] and housed in Fanatics’ Commerce division, but carries responsibilities across the Company’s other verticals. This position is ideal for candidates with intellectual property experience who have a strong desire to be part of a fast-paced business.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support internal and external counsel on a variety of intellectual property related matters including:
- Intellectual property (IP) portfolio management (with a focus on trademark), including tracking various deadlines, collection of specimens of use, and communications with appropriate points of contact within the organization
- Support on IP clearance review and analysis
- Communications across the Company, including assistance with evidence collection and other projects, to support various IP-related matters (e.g., applications, renewals, other maintenance, oppositions, disputes, litigation, etc.)
- IP-related enforcement matters, including identifying infringing or counterfeit product, issuing takedown notices and cease and desist letters, support with event enforcement, and other online and offline enforcement initiatives
- Communications with law enforcement and private investigators in support of brand protection program
- Provide support on IP-related matters pertaining to M&A activity
- Conduct legal research from time to time
- Prepare cease & desist letters, takedown notices and other correspondence
- Conduct legal document review and other diligence projects
- Design & develop policies and procedures
- Support attorneys on the Global Legal Team on projects as required
- Provide light administrative support to in-house attorneys
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of online and offline landscape pertaining to IP enforcement
- Familiarity with effective strategies to address counterfeit and infringing product, both online and offline
- Strong attention to detail & highly organized
- Self-starter and able to work without significant supervision or oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support attorneys in multiple office locations
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of IP portfolio management and brand enforcement experience in a corporate legal department or large law firm
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.