Senior Corporate Counsel
New York - New York /
Fanatics Collectibles – Legal /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics has constructed one of the world’s most transformative companies, which over the past decade has innovated the sports industry in a way that no other brand has. With more choices at the fingertips of consumers than ever before, Fanatics is building the leading global digital sports platform – featuring the largest selection of officially licensed fan merchandise, NFTs/digital collectibles, sports betting and iGaming, trading cards, other collectibles, live-commerce platform, related services and products and much more - to create interactive, lasting fan experiences which also helps partners establish better direct-to-consumer relationships in today’s highly competitive world. “IT IS ALL FOR THE FANS”.
Fanatics’ Legal is seeking to add you to the team - an experienced talented new colleague to fill the position of Senior Corporate Counsel for the overall Collectibles businesses. You will be a senior member of the legal team. You will work directly with the executive leadership as well as all business contacts cross all areas and businesses and the General Counsel.
This role will be a strategic hands-on, results-oriented, business-minded attorney. This employee will be lead lawyer as part of the senior legal team responsible for the global management and strategy of all Fanatics Collectibles full spectrum of legal efforts, advice and relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Senior Corporate Counsel will provide legal counsel on a diverse range of matters related to day-to-day business and operations of the overall Fanatics Collectibles businesses, including advising business leadership on all matters. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Serving as key senior legal counsel of the overall Collectibles organization, with overall responsibility for leading the Fanatics Collectibles' legal strategy with respect to all matters including corporate, commercial, business, and transactional.
- Managing and driving legal advice and strategy for Fanatics Collectibles.
- Advising senior leadership team and the overall Collectibles businesses on key legal risks, structuring, negotiating and drafting all transactions and legal documentation.
- Interview, select, engage and supervise outside counsel; direct representation.
- Create business level appropriate policies and programs.
- Develop policies, controls, and procedures for the Collectibles businesses.
- Conduct training related to responsibility areas.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- At least ten (10) years of legal professional work experience at a law firm and in-house directly advising senior leadership clients on complex corporate, commercial, business, and transactional matters.
- In-house legal experience required.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or international equivalent.
- Member in good standing of at least one US State Bar.
- NYC, Dallas or LA with strong preference for at least initial NYC location– in office role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be a doer whose ready, willing and able to roll up your sleeves, jump in and get things done.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, capable of taking ownership of projects/matters.
- Have a strong desire to assume a wide variety of responsibilities, be flexible and grow with the company.
- Able to accomplish multiple tasks at once while balancing competing objectives and deadlines.
- Produce high-quality carefully crafted work product in a timely manner.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Work effectively both independently and as a team player in a team oriented environment, friendly and excited about “play nice” culture.
- Be confident, be a collaborator and initiative taker.
- Do not watch the clock, be flexible, invested, committed and immersed in the excitement about and commitment to the success of our businesses.
- Strong understanding of the Collectibles businesses and overall Fanatics operations.
- Be a creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues.
- Have a “how” state of mind, not a yes/no advisor.
- Professional and have a perfect sense of integrity, reliable and does the right thing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent legal and business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to synthesize complex data for a range of audiences. Ability to advise all levels of seniority, summarize bottom line concise advice and in the same time able to expand to full spectrum of details and analysis as appropriate.
- Able to function in excellence in a high-paced, entrepreneurial and constantly evolving and fast-moving environment.
- Aim to be best in class – goal oriented and task focused learner who is innovative and influential.
- Driven to win, ambassador of the Fanatics brand who brings passion, energy and positivity into the workplace.
- Ability to travel frequently on short notice.
$260,000 - $390,000 a year
The base salary range for this role is $260,000 per year - $390,000 per year which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation, depending on several factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, location and other qualifications. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Collectibles annual bonus program and an equity award.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.