Texas - Dallas /
Fanatics Collectibles – Sales /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics Collectibles is looking for a Sales Analyst to help maintain, grow, and modernize our sales process. This role will report to the Director of Hobby Sales however this role will cover both the Hobby and Retail Sales teams equally. The Sales Analyst is responsible for diverse functions as required by the Sales Team of the Sports & Entertainment division of The Topps Company, Inc.
Responsibilities - Sales/Trade Marketing:
- Update master pricing in Oracle.
- Load Hobby Products to ToppsPro and Istore in Oracle.
- Join weekly solicitation and cut bait meetings.
- Monitor market trends analysis.
- Run rate of sale reports.
- Maintain/track inventory.
- Generate monthly, yearly, and quarterly sales reports.
- Support the Account Manages in achieving their sales targets.
- Heavy use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3 Years minimum experience in related position.
- Oracle ERP experience highly desired.
- Exceptional computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint essential; Access desirable.
- Trading card background/sports background preferred.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work and flourish in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills – written / oral.
- Self - starter with proven ability to work without direct supervision and across functional areas.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected issues quickly and efficiently.
- Sense of urgency, good attitude and work ethic, quick learner.
- Proven ability to effectively manage / execute multiple projects.
- Knowledge of direct sales and distributor environment is an advantage.
- Background or experience in CPG preferred.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.