Senior Information Security Engineer - #8038
Remote - USA /
Technology – InfoSec /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
Fanatics is looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join our Information Security team. This position will be primarily responsible for the continued evolution of our enterprise security logging solution and the integration of security tools used internally by the Fanatics Information Security team. Our team members are given a great deal of autonomy in the pursuit of keeping Fanatics secure and a successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills and is expected to be comfortable and effective working independently and as part of a larger, highly distributed team. We're looking specifically for folks who place an emphasis on usable security. Fanatics is a fast-growing company and our security program needs to be able to keep pace with that growth while not disrupting innovation.
- Build and operate a scalable and sustainable security automation infrastructure supporting the Fanatics Information Security Team.
- Sustain and refine the enterprise security logging system and Fanatics SIEM to drive the proactive and intelligence-driven identification and management of cyber security incidents
- Automate and integrate workflows between and within the SIEM, big data platforms, threat & vulnerability intelligence ingestion and information security incident response system
- Develop, implement and automate strategies, creating and tuning tools and rules for detecting and addressing malicious activity
- Strategically define and implement additional detective capabilities or data sources to improve telemetry
- Regularly triage cyber security incidents post-enrichment and respond to events as part of the incident response process
- Constantly innovate at the pace of the adversary using latest techniques
- Mentor fellow Fanatics personnel on best security practices through cross-functional work with infrastructure and engineering teams
Is this You?
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification or ability to demonstrate expert level experience with Splunk (in standalone and clustered modes) and Splunk Enterprise Security including:
- Deployment server and building server classes
- Index and search head clustering
- Utilizing indexer discovery
- Custom props and transforms for apps
- Dashboards and advanced SPL queries
- Importing new data sources into Splunk Enterprise Security
- Developing new correlation searches
- Building custom apps
- Significant experience with AWS, including:
- Automated configuration of AWS Auto Scaling
- Automated creation of AWS Security Groups
- Automated management of large scale and highly available infrastructure
- Experience writing tools to automate tasks and integrate systems in Python
- Experience with the implementation and refinement of SOAR platforms is a significant plus
- Experience with other SIEM systems and enterprise logging solutions (ELK, etc.) is a plus
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.