Lead Analyst, Compliance & Financial Controls
Florida - Jacksonville /
Accounting & Finance /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
At Fanatics, we know that numbers are not just for jerseys. Our accounting and finance professionals are charged with taking a highly analytical approach towards financial data across every part of our business. We identify financial successes and opportunities, and then create detailed growth plans to reach and exceed our company goals. We bring numbers to life by developing innovative and strategic reporting as well as actionable insights for key stakeholders and executive leadership. Just as Fanatics continues to rapidly grow, we encourage our team members to do the same by supporting continued education and offering internal career advancement in various areas of Accounting and Finance.
- Assist with the development and implementation of SOX documentation concerning controls over Financial Reporting
- Assist with the implementation of the proper SOX software/tools
- Assist with ensuring close checklist and account reconciliations are properly documented and supported for SOX
- Assist with the coordination and work with internal audit and external auditors as needed to ensure support of our controls over financial reporting
- Assist with implementing the “Company’s” SOX certification process, includes maintaining and supporting this via a quarterly process (software and tools)
- Assist with provide trainings for staff, IT, and business personnel on topics such as SOX documentation, Access Controls, proper reconciliations, close checklist, SOX compliance, and SOC reporting.
- Assist with implementing transformation change the will ensure Department and Company is ready for an IPO
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of SOX process documentation and process flowcharts
- Identify process/control deficiencies, recommend remediation plan, and monitor remediation progress
- Partner with process owners to address relevant risk to the Company and help improve the overall control environment
- Strong communicator to ensure and work with various departments on implementing controls and SOX documentation as needed
- Support Sr. Manager of SOX Compliance as needed
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong public accounting experience and/or public company experience working with controls required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance
- CPA designation preferred
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.