VP, Product Development -Sports Trading Cards
New York - New York /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Sports Brands /
Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics Collectibles is seeking a Vice President to be a part of its dynamic Product Development Team focused on sports collectible trading cards.
The Vice President will be responsible for the execution of the entire sports trading card portfolio.
The VP will be responsible for the overall management and growth of the portfolio, including outlining the strategic brand direction for the portfolio and ensuring that cross-functional teams working with product development are all coordinated and executing their work efficiently.
Candidates must be highly accountable and action oriented, with the ability to pivot quickly to drive the success of product launches.
Ultimately the VP must bring a strategic leadership background, strong business acumen, a proven track record of successful launches, and be a successful brand builder.
- Work with Operations, Finance, Player Licensing and Marketing Teams to set and execute the annual release calendar
- Oversee the Brand Team to ensure the company is delivering strong collectible products, which offer value to the end consumer
- Continue to evolve and develop strategic and long-term goals based on analysis of business conditions
- Track, monitor, and evaluate results to ensure growth and profitability and adjusts as needed
- Identify and develop strategic business relationships with current and potential licensing partners
- Develop and monitor brand team budgets, forecasts and growth plans aligned with strategy
- Align business goals, processes, resource allocation and value proposition with the strategy
- Ensure the team has the right skills and structure within the brand for organizational health
- Keep leadership abreast of changes in the industry, impact of events on the business climate and incorporates relevant trend data into all plans
- Demonstrated success leading the launch of new and existing products
- Have a strong understanding of global sports competitions including MLB, NBA, NFL, UEFA and Formula 1
- Clear, concise communication style with the ability to flex communication style to engage and influence our partner, internal collaborators, and external parties
- Ability to successfully navigate corporate and business operations to effectively collaborate, identify solutions and internal champions, and avoid bottlenecks
- Proven ability to create and execute strategies that drive revenue for a fast-growing, evolving business
- Highly goal driven with a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to effectively plan for and address challenges as they arise
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can work both autonomously and in group settings
- A multi-tasker who can think quickly and be decisive
- Exceptional leadership capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire a team to reach high goals, and develop/mentor junior staff
The salary range for this position is $262,000 - $327,500 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.