Florida - Jacksonville /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
At Fanatics we have built a truly global ecommerce business but we are not stopping there.
As well as selling products on our own sites we want to sell our products through retail and marketplace partner sites. This gives huge potential for growth for the company in markets far and wide.
The marketplaces teams are responsible for integrating with market leading partners (Ebay, Nike, Walmart, and plenty more) both in the US around increasingly around the globe.
Fundamental to this is ensuring the smooth receipt of orders from a big range partner systems. We are building a new team to oversee and optimize this platform.
It will involve being the face of Fanatics and leading integrations with some of the biggest retailers globally and defining and building architecture and technical strategy to support this.
Build, run and improve a team of talented software engineers to deliver software systems, features and tools which enable the smooth running of the Fanatics business, platforms and operations. Work on the full lifecycle of applications from gathering/understanding requirements, analysis, design, development through testing, deployment and monitoring; maintaining the stability of the platform whilst delivering business value.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own products and problems from initial inception through to delivery, monitoring and support.
- Write code to develop new feature sets, solve problems, improve functionality of Fanatics products, systems, and platforms.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to understand business requirements.
- Provide input and assistance to Quality Engineers; to ensure the delivery of well tested and high-quality solutions.
- Participate in agile practices / ceremonies in the team with a shared work ethic to breakdown and deliver work.
- Document new and update existing designs and functionality for solutions.
- Share progress and results with stakeholders to gather feedback and foster collaboration.
- Investigate new technologies and their application to solve business challenges.
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance existing Fanatics products, systems and platforms.
- Use guided and self-development to be constantly improving skills and knowledge.
The Ideal Hire:
- Is able to quickly learn and work with new languages and technologies.
- Has an ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with peers, managers and both internal and external customers.
- Has an open attitude to sharing ideas, knowledge and information to both technical and non-technical people.
- Can work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Required Experience and Attributes:
- Several years of experience of working with .Net or GO or similar
- Techniques and principles such as TDD, BDD, Clean Code and SOLID, Design Patterns.
- An understanding of how to write, test, deploy and monitor software.
- An understanding of data storage technologies (relational and non-relational databases).
- Experience with Git or a similar distributed version control system.
- Cloud technologies, AWS, GCP, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, Terraform, CI/CD tools
- Agile development processes.
- Development on high-performing RESTful APIs.
- Development on event driven systems using message buses.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.