Senior Software Engineer - #7462
California - San Mateo /
Technology – Infrastructure, Cloud & Platform /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
We are looking for stellar engineers to join us in building a place where Fanatics engineers can focus on delivering core business value and not stress about software delivery.
In this position you would be responsible in building Fanatics-opinionated CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) solutions and automations that power all Fanatics cloud-native applications and infrastructure provisioning. You would collaborate with awesome engineers, Product Managers and our users in defining requirements, managing roadmap, designing and implementing pragmatic solutions that serve current needs and pave way for long-term vision. You would provide technical guidance, stewardship and execution in achieving overall team goals.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conceptualize, develop, deploy and maintain highly scalable in-house CI/CD solutions with standards and best practices
· Lead the entire lifecycle of a project / feature from inception to adoption
· Proactively seek opportunities to evaluate, identify and prioritize effort in ensuring the stability and reliability of our CI/CD solutions
· Build automation and establish structure to improve team operational efficiency
· Partner with various stakeholders to identify potential use cases transpiring into requirements for future enhancement or innovation
· Partner with Architecture and Security teams to incorporate respective requirements and best practices
· Write and maintain documents to serve specific objectives (E.g. Innovation proposal, Design review, Operations runbook, User documentation)
· Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork
· Operate with a product mindset
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining highly scalable software solutions at an enterprise level in various technical capacities with programming languages such as Golang, Java or C#
· Strong value-driven focus while delivering quality and reliable solution
· Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors
· Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building skills, and passion to learn new technologies
· Practical understanding of:
· Git, Operation foundations, concepts like Service Ownership, SLAs and SLOs
· Public cloud, preferably AWS, including concepts like VPCs, network Peering and Routing
· Service Mesh, Control Plane Architectures, and Software Defined Networking
· Infrastructure automation like Terraform, Cloud Formation or Ansible
· CI/CD Technologies like Gitlab, Spinnaker, Jenkins
· Experience with container technologies like ECS, Docker, and Kubernetes desirable
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.