Manager – Functional Safety ISO 26262
Los Angeles, CA
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
The functional safety manager at this position will actively participate in product development, quality and reliability in order to ensure that the automotive functional safety standards (ISO 26262) are achieved and maintained for our current and future products.
· Works with his / her supervisors and directors.
· Direct engineers and outside companies engaged in program and project work.
· Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
· Manages, directs, and leads the problem resolution and tracking process and provides feedback on status to tracked problems.
· Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments.
· Communicates directly with his direct management and cross-functional leaders as required.
· Demonstrate strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations.
· Develop functionality rollout plan of feature content and solved issues.
· Evaluates and recommends options consistent with industry best practices.
· Ensure the functional safety process is established, properly executed and all work products rigorously documented.
· Produce directly, or indirectly, work products, including, but not limited to, System Safety Program Plan, Safety Manual, Safety Concepts, ASIL assignment / decomposition, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, Safety Requirements, FMEDA and FTA, and Safety Verification and Validation activities (planning and execution), and conduct safety reviews.
· Develop safety strategy and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262
· Lead functional safety documentation according ISO 26262
· Cascade functional safety requirements to the component, subsystems, systems levels
· Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements
· Ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles by collaborating with cross-functional teams through the organization.
· Foster a safety culture across the organization.
· Train future functional safety experts in the organization.
· Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent degree) in Electrical / Computer / Mechanical / Industrial / Systems Engineering, or a related field of study
· Expert knowledge of ISO 26262
· 7 or more years of experience with ISO 26262, with knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and with specific on-the-job experience.
· Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, fault tree analysis as applied to software module, hardware component, subsystem and overall system
· Expert knowledge in microprocessor, automotive ECU, electrical / electronic hardware, embedded software
· Expert knowledge in automotive communication protocols (e.g., CAN)
· Expert knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures (e.g., distributed control systems)
· Expert knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts
· Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production
· 10 or more years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
· Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS, Integrity)
· Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes (CMMI, Automotive SPICE)
· Knowledge and execution of review and release of functional safety content
· Knowledge and execution of review with change management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the required)
· Master’s degree or PhD in a related field of study
· 10 or more years of functional safety experience in the automotive industry
· 7 or more years of functional safety experience in plug-In electrical vehicle applications
· 7 or more years of functional safety experience in ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems)
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits
(Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401k options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· 15 days of annual paid time off + 10 paid holidays + 8 days off during the year end holiday shutdown
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· Social events + happy hours + team parties
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team