Principal Engineer - CAE Occupant Safety
Los Angeles, CA
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
Position: Principal Engineer- CAE Occupant Safety
As a Principal CAE Occupant Safety engineer, you will use your engineering knowledge and extensive experience to improve Occupant performance on multiple vehicle programs using CAE. You will work with some of the industry’s brightest minds in a rapidly evolving industry to perform all aspects of CAE occupant analysis. Through virtual engineering, you will provide significant inputs on occupant restraints design early at concept development phases and also up to SOP.
Your primary role and responsibilities will be as follows but not limited to:
· Provide high level design restraints requirements to vehicle engineering teams for vehicle occupant protection and safety.
· Provide guidance for occupant safety performance.
· Perform occupant analysis, analyze CAE data to evaluate structural performance, identify issues and propose solutions. Correlate CAE data with physical crash test data.
· Help evaluate and develop action plan for issues related to occupant safety.
· Work along with restraint system design team to optimize the occupant protection at system integration level and meet overall vehicle safety requirements.
· The ideal candidate should have led occupant restraints development on more than one vehicle program at an OEM level and must be hands-on.
Perform occupant analysis and restraints optimization, analyze CAE data to evaluate occupant performance, identify key enablers and propose solutions. Correlate CAE data with physical crash test data.
· Minimum of 7 plus years of experience in automotive occupant restraints CAE analysis.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s preferred.
· Exceptional analytical skills. Able to draw conclusions from raw data to support decision-making.
· Expert knowledge on different crash test modes and ATDs and the conflicting requirements among them (homologation tests of US, EU and other markets, NCAP tests, IIHS tests and other consumer information or due care tests), and the balance in the system performance optimization process.
Sled level test and correlation experience.
· In-depth knowledge about CAE tools (ANSA, Hyper Works, LS-Dyna, Primer, Madymo), their applications and limitations.
· In-depth knowledge about active and passive restraint systems (airbags, seat belts, etc.) and their design parameters with respect to occupant protection.
· The “can do” attitude. Ability to work out ways around obstacles, see opportunities while facing difficulties.
· Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate highly technical subjects succinctly to other team members and top management.
· Willingness to go beyond the assigned projects and contribute to the CAE process
· Ability to solve problems with minimum supervision
· Enthusiastic, energetic and hard-working
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee (we are all shareholders)
· Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits (free for you and discounted for your family)
· 401k options (save for your future)
· Engineering orientation and onboarding program (learn, work, and grow)
· Free daily catered lunches and food trucks onsite (eat well on our dime)
· Healthy snacks and beverages 24/7 (satisfy your afternoon hunger pangs)
· 15 days of annual paid time off, 10 days of paid holidays, and 8 days off between Christmas and New Year’s Day (live those weeks on your terms)
· Relocation assistance/reimbursement (we’ll help you start your new life)
· Free parking & carpool reimbursement (save the environment and your wallet)
· Casual dress code & relaxed work environment (your work will speak for itself)
· Frequent social events, happy hours, and team parties (meet your new best friends)
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team (global change starts locally)