Lead Engineer - CAE Crash Safety
Los Angeles, CA
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
Position: Lead Engineer- CAE Crash Safety
As a Lead CAE Crash Safety engineer, you will use your engineering knowledge and extensive experience to improve structural crash performance of multiple vehicle programs using CAE. You will work with some of the industry’s brightest minds in a rapidly evolving industry to perform all aspects of CAE crash analysis. Through virtual engineering, you will provide significant inputs on vehicle design early at concept development phases and also up to SOP.
Your primary role and responsibilities will be as follows but not limited to:
· Provide high level design requirements to vehicle engineering teams for vehicle crash worthiness. Provide guidance for vehicle crash and occupant safety performance.
· Perform full vehicle analysis, analyze CAE data to evaluate structural performance, identify issues and propose solutions. Correlate CAE data with physical crash test data.
· Help evaluate and develop action plan for issues related to structure crashworthiness.
· Work along with restraint system design team to optimize the occupant protection at system integration level and meet overall vehicle safety requirements.
· The ideal candidate should have led the vehicle body crashworthiness development on more than one vehicle program at an OEM level and must be hands-on.
· Minimum of 7 plus years of experience in automotive crash CAE analysis.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s preferred.
· Exceptional analytical skills. Able to draw conclusions from raw data to support decision-making.
· Expert knowledge on different crash test modes and the conflicting requirements among them (homologation tests of US, EU and other markets, NCAP tests, IIHS tests and other consumer information or due care tests), and the balance in the system performance optimization process.
· In-depth knowledge about CAE tools (ANSA, Hyper Works, LS-Dyna, Primer), their applications and limitations.
· The “can do” attitude. Ability to work out ways around obstacles, see opportunities while facing difficulties.
· Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate highly technical subjects succinctly to other team members and top management.
· Willingness to go beyond the assigned projects and contribute to the CAE process
· Ability to solve problems with minimum supervision
· Enthusiastic, energetic and hard-working
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits