Systems Engineer - ADAS
Product & Technology – Automated Driving
System engineer for ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) and Self-Driving. Responsible for specification, development and validation of ADAS and Self-Driving technologies in automotive applications. Responsible for ADAS and Self-Driving feature, component and system definition and requirements. May exercise technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel. Consults with supervisor as required.
· Works with his / her supervisors and directors.
· Work with engineers and outside companies engaged in program and project work.
· Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
· Leads the problem resolution and tracking process and provides feedback on status to tracked problems.
· Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments.
· Communicates directly with his direct management and cross-functional leaders as required.
· Demonstrate strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations.
· Develop functionality rollout plan of feature content and solved issues.
· Evaluates and recommends options consistent with industry best practices.
· Write functional / feature requirements.
· Write system, subsystem and / or component level requirements.
· Execute system, subsystem and /or component level testing and validation.
· Developing DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) for recording potential failure modes and planned corrective actions.
· Develop DVP&R incorporating all external, customer-specific and internal functional and performance requirements, while maximizing subassembly design re-use and tool re-use.
· Execute DVP&R, assisting with test setup and fixturing, identifying external testing resources and managing testing through completion.
· Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical / Computer / Mechanical / Industrial / Systems Engineering, or a related field of study
· Expert knowledge in current and upcoming advanced driver assistance systems (for example, LKA, LCC, ACC, LDW, FCW, AEB, self-parking systems)
· Intermediate knowledge in microprocessor, automotive ECU, electrical / electronic hardware, embedded software
· Intermediate knowledge in automotive communication protocols (e.g., CAN, LIN, automotive Ethernet)
· Intermediate knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures (e.g., distributed control systems)
· Expert knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts
· Expert knowledge of system (component and vehicle level) testing and validation experience
· Expert knowledge of testing and validation tools (Vector, Intrepid, etc.)
· 3 or more years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
· Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production
· Expert knowledge and experience in systems engineering (e.g., V-cycle)
· Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS, Integrity)
· Knowledge and execution of review with change management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Master’s degree
• 5 or more years of relevant experience in the automotive industry
• 3 or more years of ADAS experience
• Experience with functional safety (ISO 26262)