Chassis Controls Systems Engineer – Electric Braking Systems
Los Angeles, CA
Systems Engineer for electric braking systems in vehicles including power brake assist and electronic park brake. Responsible for design specification, development, and validation of electric braking systems. Other responsibilities include supplier management, project planning, and vehicle integration of the controls system.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical / Computer / Mechanical / Automotive / Systems Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Expert knowledge in Power Assisted Brakes and Emergency Park Brake systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of global Federal Motor Vehicle regulations applicable to Brake and Chassis systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Brake System Sizing analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge in automotive ECU layout, electrical / electronic hardware, embedded software, and automotive sensors.
- Intermediate knowledge in automotive communication protocols (e.g., CAN).
- Intermediate knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures (e.g., distributed control systems).
- Expert knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts.
- Expert knowledge of system (component and vehicle level) testing and validation experience.
- Expert knowledge of testing and validation tools (Vector, Intrepid, etc.).
- Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production.
- Knowledge and execution of review and release of functional safety (ISO 26262) requirements, implementation and processes.
- Knowledge and execution of review with change management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Coordinate supplier meetings, development trips, and homologation to federal requirements.
- Work with suppliers to define and achieve desired vehicle performance attributes.
- Develop software release timeline for feature rollout and performance goal milestones.
- Generate system level DFMEA for determining functional safety goals and potential failure hazard risks.
- Develop and execute DVP&R for maneuver matrix to verify intended system performance.
- Define, coordinate, and manage a system level CAN database.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in the automotive industry.
- 3 or more years of Chassis Engineering experience.
- Performance driving training or experience.
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits
- 401k options
- Engineering orientation + onboarding
- Free catered lunches + food trucks daily
- Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
- 15 days of annual paid time off + 10 paid holidays + 8 days off during the year end holiday shutdown
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Free parking + carpool reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- Social events + happy hours + team parties
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Perks + Benefits
(Free for you/discounted for family)