Localization Algorithm Engineer - ADAS
Los Angeles, CA
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
· This person will develop localization algorithms as part of the perception team for ADAS and Self-Driving in a very fast moving environment.
· Create, develop, invent, validate and integrate localization algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
· Generate intellectual property for the company.
· From the feature definitions and higher level requirements, develop engineering requirements at system and subsystem levels (both hardware and software) as well as interactions among the system and subsystems.
· Conduct detailed analysis, simulation and testing of prototype vehicles and systems (particularly braking and steering)
· Identify issues and provide resolutions and / or suggestions.
· Evaluates system capability and overall conformance to requirements and works with partitions to address deficiencies.
· Follow proper processes for requirements, software version and release control, and change management.
· Demonstrates strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations.
· Communicates directly with his or her direct management and cross-functional leaders as required.
· Establish and develop relationships with collaborating suppliers and external entities to meet project goals.
· Evaluates and recommends options consistent with industry best practices.
· Stay current with industry and technical trends / developments affecting areas of responsibility.
· Bachelor' degree (or an equivalent degree) in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Robotics, Aero-Astro Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field of study
· Experience in one or more of the following areas related to localization for ADAS and Autonomous Driving
- Non-linear optimization
- Iterative Closet Point (ICP)
- Sensor processing and sensor fusion
- Point cloud processing
- Probabilistic filters (particle filters, Kalman filters)
- 3D mapping and tracking
· Expertise in C and C++
· Experience in software optimization
· Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and root cause skills.
· Ability to adapt to changes in a fast moving environment
· Ability to build and manage relationships effectively in a fast moving environment.
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Masters or Ph.D. degree in a related field of study
· Experience with ROS, or similar robotic middleware software and framework
· Experience with sensors (radar, lidar, 3D depth / TOF, sonar, infrared, GPS, IMU)
· Experience with Mathworks
· Experience with CAN communication
· Experience with embedded development platforms (Cuda, Nvidia, Renesas, TI)
· 5 or more years of relevant experience in the automotive industry
· 3 or more years of ADAS and self-driving / autonomous driving technology development in professional / industry environment
· Experience with ALM (application lifetime management) concepts and tools
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits
(Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401k options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Free catered lunches + food trucks daily
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· 15 days of annual paid time off + 10 paid holidays + 8 days off during the year end holiday shutdown
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· Social events + happy hours + team parties
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team