Senior Data Scientist - Personalisation
UK London /
Data Department – Product Data Science /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting into a Lead Data Scientist you will join an experienced team of Data Scientists and Engineers to help improve, through research and experimentation, our personalisation products. Your main goal is to ensure the use of personalisation for every service across the Farfetch platform, to realise the aspirations of our customers in a surprising, delightful and inspiring way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design algorithms, using collaborative and personalisation techniques;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Engage with team members, product managers and designers to help identify challenges and opportunities, deriving valuable insights and achieve a shared vision of a luxury fashion personalisation;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in a Data Science related role working within a Retail and E-commerce environment..
- Experienced of online testing methodologies (AB Testing, Multi-armed bandits). Experienced in designing and analysing online experiments is valued.
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PySpark). Experience developing production software.
- Experienced dealing with large amounts of data and knowledge of big data technologies (DataBricks, Spark, Presto, Hadoop).
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Farfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state-of-the-art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.