Head of Legal Operations
UK London /
Legal – Legal /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking to scale our Legal, Ethics & Compliance (LEC) team in a sustainable and efficient way. We're looking for a Head of Legal Operations to drive change, build a framework and set up the strategy & streamline processes. Someone who is excited by the FARFETCH mission and culture, and passionate about technology. We are looking for someone who can establish and build a legal operations function to support our growing team of nearly 40 in seven jurisdictions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll work closely with our VP Group Legal to ensure delivery of the Legal team's goals.
- Identify opportunities to optimise processes for the LEC team and for the wider team around Legal, Ethics and Compliance processes & contribute to the strategic planning for the team
- Build scalable processes to prepare the LEC team for continued growth
- Establish processes to report on key operational and substantive metrics for the LEC leadership that will better inform decision-making
- Identify risks & root causes in our internal legal processes and recommend and implement solutions and proactively search for new opportunities to improve our legal service to other parts of the business
- Optimise workflows within the team and in its interactions with other teams within the wider business
- Identify tools (including technology solutions) to streamline new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Leading and execute (end to end) complex change projects;
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse and report on efficiencies and utilisation in the LEC team
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse, report and manage outside counsel usage and spend & assist with budget matters
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have strong experience of operations within the professional services (finance or legal) ideally in an e-commerce or other technology environment
- You do not need a legal background, although experience within the legal sector would bean advantage
- You have strong stakeholder management experience at all levels and functions, articulate, and able to negotiate
- You thrive in operational efficiency and you are able to manage multiple projects at one time
- You display initiative, solutions focused with attention to detail.
- Passion for process efficiency and how this can contribute to the wider business.
- You have an ambitious mindset and are willing to embrace new opportunities, encouraging of others and a strong team player.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Farfetch is looking for its first Legal Operations specialist to join its team of 40 in 6 jurisdictions. We're looking for someone who is excited by Farfetch's mission and culture, passionate about technology, streamlining processes and giving our professions the tools to allow them to focus on the work they love.