Customer Service Manager
JP Tokyo /
Operations – Customer Service /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our Tokyo office is positioned in the central fashion district, Harajuku / Omotesando, where Japanese street trends flourish. Our modern office has a fantastic view of Tokyo, where Farfetchers can enjoy the dynamic city landscape. It's home to our Japan-based Business Development, Marketing and Partner Services teams.
This role will oversee the productivity of the Customer Service team through management and communication. You will manage the Customer Service team in Japan office and will work with the Global Director of Customer Service and local Senior Manager of Customer Excellence on the strategy, KPIs and escalated issues. You have good knowledge of customer hospitality and how to respond to the 'luxury' customer. We need an inspiring manager who can come in and really enhance our large team and also be the lead among the Customer Service Managers globally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be part of the customer service team and oversee all customers inquiries through call, email and chat (the main part will be in Japanese and then English)
- Oversee the Japan customer service team
- Train and coach team members where necessary
- Handle customer escalations
- Be the face of Farfetch to our customers
- Work with the local partners (Marketing, Private Client team etc.) for business development
- Participate Global Customer Service meetings as a Japan CS representative and implement global CS guidelines into Japan team, and also influence global CS team from Japan perspective
WHO YOU ARE
- You have working experience in call centers (calls or e-mail) or experience in customer hospitality (hotels, airlines/airport ground staff, boutiques, tour operator)
- Experience working in an international company or/and E-commerce industry is an advantage
- Experience working in customer service for more than 5 years, including more than 3 years as a supervisor or a manager
- You have experience managing a customer service team and able to organize the team
- You have a customer-centric mindset
- Native level of Japanese is mandatory, and business level of English (TOEIC score 860 level)
- Able to meet customers' high expectations
- Proficient user of IT systems, both customer service specific and Windows packages (experience using Salesforce is a plus)
- Knowledge or interest in fashion (preferably luxury fashion) is an advantage
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan
- Special discounts at Farfetch.com and BrownsFashion.com
- Annual Leave entitlement above statutory and sabbatical program
- Well-being support and tools
- Volunteer opportunities and Giveback Days
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.