Lead Data Scientist - Customer Marketing
UK London /
Marketing – Data Science /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We create Machine Learning models to improve the experience for our customers by understanding their preferences and how to target them using personalised content, frequency and marketing channel mix. Reporting into a Senior Data Science manager in the Data department, you will lead a team and pick whatever technique is appropriate for the task at hand (we maintain a diverse set of models including Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems ), keeping an eye on what is happening in academia and in the industry to stay on top of recent developments. We work in Python running our models on Kubernetes in Google Cloud.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Product managers and the Marketing departments, scope new Data Science products to support our growth;
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of accomplished data scientists and engineers to achieve value;
- Develop ML algorithms focusing in particular on customer behavioural models and reinforcement learning models;
- Implement experiments to measure the impact of our models on the business;
- Work together with the engineering team to productionise and integrate ML algorithms into our backend or connect them to third-party tools;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline;
- Experience in a Machine Learning or Data Science role with exposure to Customer modelling;
- Experience in Python software development (production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control) and familiar with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PyMC3, or PyStan)
- You have experience using ML techniques in a business setting, such as neural networks, Bayesian modelling, graph ML. Exposure to Reinforcement Learning is a bonus.
- Experience managing complex projects or leading a Data Science team.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
In this varied role you'll lead our efforts in Customer Data Science for our Marketing projects.