Product Design Manager (Maternity cover)
PT Lisboa, Portugal /
Farfetch - Product – Platform Products /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators, and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up of our people, our partners, and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're the customer experts and advocates. Our teams work on the end-to-end product lifecycle; from understanding the motivations and needs of our customers and partners to designing and testing hypotheses, to creating industry-leading experiences for luxury shoppers, sellers, and service providers. We set our Product vision and achieve our strategy in close partnership with teams across the business.
Design Managers manage people and support their Head of Product Design by leading a team of designers in a functional Product vertical. These people provide the broader context and leadership required for Product Designers and the teams they work with to succeed. Design Managers set the context, deliver on the vision, and build purpose with their teams. They foster collaboration across all teams within Platform Product and connect our teams’ work to wider organizational goals.
What you’ll do
- Help oversee one of Farfetch's Platform experience verticals, reporting to the Head of Design and working as a partner to the product management and engineering leadership of that area.
- Ensuring that any design work in their domain is valuable and aligns with the domain’s goals and that there is a clear user problem/hypothesis for the work
- Work with the teams to understand and roadmap their learning and research agenda for the period ahead.
- Support the Head of Design in managing the quality and coherency of your teams' execution across touchpoints
- Support the teams in your domain with guidance, direction, and clear strategy, whilst ensuring visibility and transparency of effort
- Mentoring designers in the identification, planning, and sequencing of work/stories to build their experience and knowledge
- Ensuring that all work, even if it’s just an idea the team is exploring, is connected to our function’s goals and strategy, and are able to show the connection
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading design teams
- You are able to build trust in others, particularly with stakeholding teams.
- You have excellent collaboration skills, able to constructively direct action within teams.
- Experience working on complex products is valuable to this role
- Experience working within a platform business, E-commerce or online retail is valuable to this role