UK London /
Technology – Infrastructure /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer - with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will be joining +50 other high-experienced Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines.
We use our own tools, built on top of state of the art technology, to build and manage an Infrastructure of +2000 cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
What you'll do
- Develop automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure engineering team e.g. Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation, CI/CD Pipeline.
- Follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Fully own what you build by supporting the colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, stronger! You did it you own it!
Who you are
- Engineer passionate about building tools and automation for your fellows engineers
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- OS/Core Systems: Linux, Windows, Networking, and Storage
- Programming: Python, Go, Java, .Net, bash, power shell
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, GCE, Azure, Openstack
- Frameworks: Hadoop/Big Data, Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform, EFK, Consul, Nagios, New Relic, Selenium, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy.
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, and Ansible
- Databases/Systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Not afraid of challenges. There are no "problems", only a better challenge
- You are proactive, you like to help others, "Team Player" is your Middle Name
- You don't want to learn, you need to learn.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers - people with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability, and infrastructure reliability.