UK London /
Legal – Legal /
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Legal, Ethics & Compliance Team at FARFETCH is growing to support us through the next phase of its ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the VP of Legal (North America) and Compliance you will enjoy a visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. You will be ideal for an insurance professional with excellent in-house experience who excels in a fast-paced environment, is excited to work with colleagues around the world and is motivated to develop an outstanding insurance program that reflects the needs and nature of our business. This is a role with great potential for you to quickly grow your level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish a scalable global insurance program across FARFETCH and its group companies by working in partnership with the broker(s) to consolidate insurances, while ensuring greater consistency of coverage and economies of scale
- Create an in-house insurance strategy for the forthcoming year to embed insurances across FARFETCH and Group Companies
- Increase the visibility of insurance at FARFETCH through the necessary education and awareness
- You will set the annual insurance renewal strategy following renewal timelines, working with the broker and insurers to enhance coverage and pricing
- Run the insurance renewal process within FARFETCH end-to-end; including data collection and analysis, applicable remarketing exercises, organising education for insurers and preparing any necessary materials
- Prepare renewal proposals across our insurances for the General Counsel and VP for Legal (North America) and Compliance.
- Ensure the approval, placement and binding of all insurances
- Guide the annual budgeting process for the FARFETCH insurance program, taking into consideration the impact that market conditions and claims experience may have on pricing
- Manage the claims notification and handling process, including working with your partners, the broker and insurers
- Support the Legal Team with claims management, settlement negotiations where applicable and insurance related contractual clauses
- Support the business with ad hoc insurance queries and placement of insurances outside of renewal timelines
- Support the global People Teams with their employee benefits program
- Stress test policies through scenario analysis
- Organize quantification exercises to ensure policy limits are fit for purpose
- Analyse claims data and trends to put in place mitigating actions
- Work in partnership with the Senior Risk Manager to provide solutions for key insurable risks
- Lead relationship management across the London insurance market with key insurers
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of experience as an in-house insurance manager, ideally within a similar sector
- You are CII qualified at either Cert or Dip CII level
- You are a self-starter, who thrives when working independently or as part of a team
- You possess a positive and approachable demeanor and have exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- You have an excellent ability to grasp insurance issues quickly, balance risks, exercise sound judgment, and take a practical approach in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced business environment
- You are solutions orientated
- You are a team player who is driven, forward thinking, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen
- You have a strong work ethic and superior attention to detail
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The FARFETCH Legal, Ethics & Compliance Team is looking for an Insurance Manager to join us as the first insurance hire, to manage all aspects of our global insurance program. This role will suit someone with excellent in-house experience who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is excited to develop a world class insurance program that reflects the needs and nature of our business.