Farmgirl Flowers Bilingual Operations Floor Supervisor (English/Cantonese)
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for people with positive attitudes, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to hustle in a fast-paced work environment!
We love what we do and we're looking for people who are as excited about our mission as we are. Prior floral experience isn't required. What we DO require is a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to hustle. Not to scare you, but we want to be completely transparent with our expectations – most jobs at Farmgirl are not strictly desk jobs. We all hustle hard – often on our feet – for a significant portion of each day. And we have a lot of fun while we do it. We all help out in other areas as needed, so the ability to flex is extremely important. But, did I mention that we have fun too? Because we do!
Unlike many companies, advanced education is not a requirement at Farmgirl. We believe that the best individuals come with varied backgrounds and experiences, and value work ethic, problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and a positive attitude more than a specific degree.
Farmgirl Flowers is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bilingual Operations Floor Supervisor (English/Cantonese)
Non-Exempt, Full Time
Compensation: $20/hr + full medical benefits and 401k after 1 year
Reports to: Department Manager
Schedule: 8a-4:30pm Mon-Thursday/Friday 7a-3:30pm
About the role: Farmgirl Flowers is looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented and positive Bilingual Operations Floor Supervisor to join our rapidly growing company. Farmgirl Flowers is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic work environment and we’re looking for team members who are excited to work hard and fast (with accuracy and efficiency!) to meet our goals. We have built our reputation on providing products that exceed the highest quality of industry standards and delivering a best-in-class customer experience; you will do your part to ensure that these core values continuously improve as we grow. The Farmgirl team is positive, high energy, supportive, and above all – hard-working problem solvers. You’ll need to roll up your sleeves (and be on your feet) to do this job!
As a Bilingual Operations Floor Supervisor, you'll be excited to:
- Supervise the Fulfillment Operation and Help Translate for our Cantonese Speaking Farmgirls - You’ll be the main point of contact for our bilingual (Cantonese speaking) Farmgirls. You will be an integral part of the final step in our operation- which is to get our flowers wrapped and boxed and onto our shipping partner’s trucks. You’ll be able to help our Farmgirls that only speak Cantonese and help translate their thoughts, ideas, and questions (applicant must also know how to write in Chinese). You will work closely with the Assistant Fulfillment Manager to define labor needs, staff the department on a daily basis, prepare for our major floral holidays and do whatever it takes to get the orders out for the day. You’ll work to develop, motivate, and inspire your team to deliver outstanding quality in the final touches when boxing a bouquet. You will help connect your team to the larger company goals and objectives and help implement and measure goals for your team as defined by the Assistant Fulfillment Manager. This is the perfect role for someone who likes to be constantly moving, organizing and lifting; say goodbye to your gym membership!
- Love the Little Details - As needed, you will print order cards and labels at the end of each day, as well as printing same day orders as needed. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be a wizard with Excel and Word. You will be responsible for getting shipping cards stickered, paired with shipping labels, sorted by size/zone and distributed to boxing stations in a timely manner, as well as overseeing the tracking procedure for completed orders. You will ensure that all opening or closing checklists are completed and be constantly looking for ways to improve the efficiency and quality of the operation
- Collaborate and Communicate Constantly- As the Bilingual Operations Floor Supervisor, you’ll lead the team with a positive, can-do attitude and collaborate closely with other supervisors, managers and departments. You’ll share learning, ideas and best practices with others freely to help people learn and grow, and proactively work to resolve any team issues that may arise. You may be asked to lead daily huddles and periodic meetings. You will work closely with Customer Service, Design and Events communicating any last-minute order changes or specials for the day. Your ability to multitask and clearly communicate will be unparalleled.
- Make Every Day Training Day - As you train and provide feedback to members on the floor in English and Cantonese, you are consistently kind, constructive and empathetic. You don’t mind repeating yourself to make sure that everyone on the floor receives consistent feedback, and can adapt your communication style to help everyone learn and grow. Your team members will respect and seek out your feedback to continuously improve, and each time will be met with patience and support.
- Hold to our High Standards - You will do your part to ensure that we hold our core values dear as we continuously improve and grow. The programs you execute will help to ensure that we deliver outstanding quality in every area of the operation, from making bouquets to final boxing touches that create an out-of-this-world unboxing experience.
- Jump in Where Needed - We are a pretty young, and did we mention, bootstrapped company, so anything else that’s needed in order to keep things moving at our faster-than-a-speeding-bullet pace! You’ll need to be able to jump in and hustle with any department as needed when in a pinch and during peak times.
Farmgirl is excited about you because...
You're highly self-motivated – You identify tasks and you do them! You don't need micromanagement to get the job done.
You're a "we" person – You’re a team player who knows that great teamwork is really what gets results.
You're cool under pressure – You can handle high-pressure moments with composure, excellent problem solving and can keep your team motivated and positive when the pressure is on.
You're an excellent problem solver – You actively think about any problem you encountered at work, and try to come up with a solution. You always have three ways to fix something and you can't rest until you find a solution.
You have a positive can-do attitude – You'll need to be motivated, and motivate those around you to be high performers, with a positive attitude. We believe negativity kills teamwork and it doesn't fly here.
You'll work to get the job done – Long hours are required during peak flower holidays, and will require mandatory overtime and blackout periods on PTo. Valentine's Day, Administrative Professionals Day, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas are all peak times for us. We'll work overnight shifts (sometimes 1am - 2pm) and hustle hard to get all the orders out and then we'll all celebrate our hard work when it's done!
You'll love working at Farmgirl because...
We are a successful, profitable, well capitalized, fast-growing company
We create products that bring joy to hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of people's lives each day
We lead the industry for product quality and customer service
We get to build an amazing company and team built on respect and empowering and supporting one another
We're scrappy and get to see the fruits of our labor in real time each and every day
We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
As a 100% e-commerce business, we are technologically focused and data-driven
We get to be creative every day and build a great company, without red tape or bureaucracy
We have an amazing team and company culture that you'll love being a part of
We have an impressively smart and dedicated CEO and management team who are focused on developing all team members in the organization
Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
Our goal is to be a company that we would want to buy from, sell to, and work for. For us, this means doing the right thing even when it is the difficult thing. We live these ideals by providing jobs that pay above the minimum wage with good benefits and 401Ks. We also do this by occasionally taking a stand on what some may consider controversial issues that we feel are important to us both as a business and as people. When we take these stands, we do so under the Farmgirl Flowers brand. As an employee, we understand these views may be associated with you simply by your employment with us. Please understand that when we make public any beliefs we do not expect nor mandate our employees (or potential employees) to ascribe to these beliefs as well. For the sake of transparency, we believe it is important you understand what Farmgirl Flowers stands for as you consider joining our team.
Physical Demands and Warehouse Environment
Farmgirl Flowers is located in a big, drafty warehouse in Potrero Hill. We function similarly to a manufacturing facility. The warehouse is raw, open space that can be cold and dirty (especially on busy days). Our workspace is pretty much the opposite of most SF startup environments you might be accustomed to. If a posh work space is a priority this might not be ideal for you. Appropriate attire will be expected for this environment.