Farmstead is a new digital grocer that sources and delivers fresh, local food to customers in 60 minutes or less. With micro-hubs in the Bay Area that carry only carefully curated, quality products, we leverage AI to aggressively optimize our supply chain and reduce food waste costs, while also helping customers order just what they will actually consume. We've been growing seasonally at 20-25% MoM, and have fulfillment partnerships with Postmates. We're a VC-backed, YC-backed startup that's taking on a $800B space with very low online adoption.
As our first full-time designer, you’ll play a key part in shaping Farmstead’s product and visual identity. We expect you to work closely with the rest of the team through all aspects of design, including communication, product, and photography -- we’re looking for a designer who has a broad set of skills and is comfortable working cross-functionally with all members of our team.
- Work with our product and engineering team to help create the best possible user experiences across desktop and mobile digital interfaces
- As part of the product team, help define flows, prototypes and high-fidelity mocks for new Farmstead features and share your work quickly and often
- Assist with designing landing pages, ads, and print campaigns that get customers excited about Farmstead
- Work closely with engineering to make sure your ideas are executed correctly down to the pixel, across all device sizes
- Help shape design culture and guidelines as the company grows since you’ll be the first member of the design team
- You have an impressive online portfolio
- You have 2+ years of experience designing for web and mobile
- You’ve proven you can ship new features quickly and at high design standards
- Proficient with industry standard design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- You have excellent problem-solving skills
- You are effective at both written and verbal communication, and at expressing ideas through mocks and prototypes