At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a field roboticist you will help evaluate performance, assist with on-site engineering problems and develop novel solutions to problems that you help identify on the field. You're comfortable being the technical expert on site, working with a remote team, and working on a wide range of problems. Finally, you will work out of our operations center in Salinas as a part of the Robotics Software team (headquartered in San Francisco) with trips up to the city from time to time.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires a wide range of skills but we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them. You'll be backed by a team of world class Roboticists, Software and Hardware Engineers to help develop and deploy a world class autonomous farming service.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Work with embedded and software engineers to rapidly prototype new sensors and evaluate new algorithm performance.
- Identify and fix integration problems that can only be spotted with keen insights from the field.
- Be responsible for ensuring calibration processes are operational.
- Develop new systems for validating on field robot performance.
- Become an expert on our device and help guide the direction of our next generation autonomous farming devices.
- Propose and develop new solutions for autonomous farming.
- BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Solid communication skills and value a collaborative culture first environment.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with robotics, in particular any experience using sensors, working in embedded systems or realtime software is valued.
- Basic capabilities in Python and C++ and the Linux environment.
- Basic knowledge of ROS and Git are a plus but not a strict requirement.
- Comfortable working on a distributed remote software team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Paid Parental Leave policy
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!