Let's change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are developing AI-enabled autonomous farming robots to make agriculture more sustainable. With our current team of 25, we've already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
About the Role
As a Shop Manager at FarmWise, you will be in charge of developing our first and fresh-new operational center based in Salinas Valley, CA. Your role will be to develop the structure, hire the team and manage the shop that will be handling repairs and maintenance of a fleet of a few dozen of autonomous farming machines.
About the Work
Your role will be to own and manage all shop-related operations at FarmWise. It will in particular include:
- managing inventory system along with documentation and record keeping of parts used
- logging and managing machine and part hours and establishing maintenance routines based on these findings
- implementing machine repairs and maintenance protocols that are cost and time-efficient.
- working closely with our Head of Field Operations to grow the technician team and parts team.
- 8-10 years' industry experience in fleet maintenance management or operations capacity within the auto/diesel industry
- Prior technician/mechanic experience
- Familiar with light-heavy truck/trailer repair and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and regulations.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Inventory management experience