VP of Software
Santa Clara, CA /
Executive team /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI, Deep Learning, and Robotics to find solutions to food production challenges to help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand-in-hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build innovative products that are changing their lives, and our food supply, for the better.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by our shared values and desire to work together to overcome big challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture, come join us!
About the Role:
As the VP of Software at FarmWise, you will manage and grow our software engineering organization consisting of Embedded Software, Machine Learning, Backend and Full-stack teams as well as be a technical leader driving the direction of the different SWE teams. This role is leading and inspiring software engineers working on a wide range of projects, while cultivating a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
Responsibilities also include recruiting and empowering a team of innovative and mission-driven engineers, while mentoring and guiding them in alignment with the technical, product and strategic roadmaps. You will partner with other leaders such as Sales, Product, Hardware, Program Management and other stakeholders to establish company strategy and roadmaps, collaborate cross-functionally to align priorities, build consensus, manage expectations, and escalate engineering considerations and contingencies.
Required Qualifications / Key Experience:
- Strong engineering instincts honed from 15+ years of building software products and platforms
- Demonstrated excellence leading people and projects with high emotional intelligence. Lead through influence, trust, constructive debate, and telling compelling stories.
- Attention-to-detail, rigor in delivery, and appreciation that an extraordinary product is the sum of small, thoughtful decisions.
- Experience delivering multi-faceted software and firmware products adhering to early-stage hardware-based product launch schedules.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and innovation to deliver solutions and products with a focus on best practices, collaboration, and determinism
- Establish clear and measurable goals. Lead software projects while simultaneously delivering and scaling a healthy and sustainable team culture.
- Provide coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve employee, department, and company goals
- Lead embedded, ML, and backend software development and drive continual improvement
- Work with quality assurance programs and enable streamlined system monitoring capabilities
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Collaborate with Product teams to help develop strategies that ensure reliability, functionality and efficiency in FarmWise’s products
- Lead customer support tracking and resolution as it relates to technology
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 8 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $220k-$275k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.