Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Software Engineering /
Who We Are:
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI, Deep Learning, and Robotics to find solutions to food production challenges to help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand-in-hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build innovative products that are changing their lives, and our food supply, for the better.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working with us in the exciting world of AgTech and bringing to market new technologies that will have a big impact on agriculture, then we look forward to you applying!
About the Role:
As a Sr Frontend Engineer at FarmWise, you will design and implement interfaces for machine operators, farmers, and employees to control and analyze our smart implements, online services, and collected data. You will design and build features across the organization: from on-device displays to backend analysis and management tools.
About the Work:
- Design, build, and maintain remote control and support features for our robots on the field. This includes tablet applications, internal dashboards, and teleops controls.
- Guide engineers through making streamlined, usable interfaces for robotics and machine- learning processes for operations and farmers.
- Build high-impact products with performant frontend components to enable better user experience
- Set standards and build reusable components for the future of frontend development in the organization.
- Focus continually on improving the user experience, software quality and performance
- 6+ years of relative experience preferred
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Upholds best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Understanding of the bootstrap, jquery and react frameworks
- Experience with a service-oriented architecture, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance
- Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
- Ability to maintain a customer-facing UI, including testing, monitoring, and releases
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 8 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $145k-$175k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.