Lead Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Hardware Engineering /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI, Deep Learning, and Robotics to find solutions to food production challenges to help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand-in-hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build innovative products that are changing their lives, and our food supply, for the better.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by our shared values and desire to work together to overcome big challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture, come join us!
About the Role:
- This position will lead FarmWise’s mechanical engineering team that will be responsible for delivering high precision, high quality agricultural equipment
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as our product management, program management, software, QA, and operations teams
- Mentor and coach team members to create a healthy, growing, well-rounded and supportive team
- Empower team members to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability, validation and simplicity
- 6+ years of hands on Mechanical Engineering experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience building and shipping hardware products as well as experience with testing, and validation as an engineer or engineering manager
- The ability to leverage a strong engineering background and hands-on experience in solving hardware problems
- Experience managing or working directly with contract manufacturing partnerships
- Domain expertise achieved through a mixture of education and work experience in any of the following fields: heavy equipment, agtech, agronomy, continuous improvement, farming, food/ag-focused business, or similar
- Strong analytical skills with sound technical judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Experience with mechanical and electrical engineering design in CAD programs such as SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCad, CATIA, MATLAB, DipTrace, etc
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company-provided lunches several times a week
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $175k-$225k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.