Sr. Robotics Software Engineer
San Francisco, California
Let’s change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are building autonomous farming robots to help agriculture become more sustainable. With our current team of 25, we've already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
After the tremendous success of our first deployment on farms in California, we raised a Series A round of funding, led by Calibrate Ventures, to accelerate our engineering development and operations in the US and abroad.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!
About the Role
As a Sr. Robotics Software Engineer at FarmWise, you will design and deploy large codebases to our machines. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our farming robots to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
About the Work
- Take part in all phases of software development: concept, design, prototyping, and production
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- Proficient in Python and C++, a strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in Linux environment
- Experience in ROS is a strong plus, but not a strict requirement
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software is a strong plus
Along with working on stimulating engineering challenges, we also offer the following benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
FarmWise is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.