Field Service Technician
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Field Service Technician at FarmWise, you will perform work, reworks, and repairs on our 9000-pound agricultural machine.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the causes of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and other computer diagnostic tools as required by each task.
- Remove, replace, adjust, clean and install parts and components such as wheel seals, switches, sensors, fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps, brakes, filters, radiators, bearings, springs, shock absorbers, wheel cylinders, starter motors, mufflers, battery cables, and other items of similar complexity.
- 5-10 years of solid field service experience performing installations, preventative maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills and general knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitudes, knowledge of electrical/electronic systems, hydraulics, and internal combustion engines is highly desired.
- The ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Strong attention to detail, quality focused, organized and willing to learn.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record with the ability to obtain a Class A Commercial driver’s license is required.
- Ability to raise 50lbs objects and sometimes work 12 hours shift.
- Technical degree, previous repair or welding experience, and knowledge of various types of testing equipment is a plus.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, health insurance, a 401k match program.
- Evolve in a very fast-paced environment with short development cycles.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!