Santa Maria, California
Let’s change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are building autonomous farming robots to help agriculture become more sustainable. With our current team of 25, we've already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
After the tremendous success of our first deployment on farms in California, we raised a Series A round of funding, led by Calibrate Ventures, to accelerate our engineering development and operations in the US and abroad.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!
About the Role
As an Equipment Operator at FarmWise, you will be operating our machines on the field on a daily basis. Your role is to ensure all operations go well with the machine on the field and to communicate with the farm operations manager as well as with the FarmWise team (based in San Francisco) to solve any unexpected issue.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented person with experience working with agricultural machines. You must be mechanically inclined and either experienced or willing to learn the operation of heavy equipment.
About the Work
- Drive a truck and trailer, maintain a valid driver's license and earn good CDL driver's rating
- Be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment
- Review field work with the operations manager
- Start and set up a modern machine through a digital interface (a tablet app)
- Report issues and help improve processes
* This job requires working outside for 8 hours or more, dealing with unexpected situations and issues and being thoughtful and detailed oriented.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with experience or vocational/technical certification
- 1-3 years of mechanical/technical engineering experience
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance
- Proficient English speaker. Be able to communicate with fellow employees effectively
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles
Along with working on stimulating engineering challenges, we also offer the following benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
FarmWise is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.