Senior Account Manager
Yuma, Arizona /
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement. If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture. Join us!
About the Role:
- You will have the opportunity to manage top tier accounts and create revenue for a leading Ag tech company. On top of a highly competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to earn performance bonuses.
- You will be directly responsible for developing demand for and driving sales for Farmwise products with our current customer base, and for creating new relationships and opportunities for Farmwise products.
- Open new territories as FarmWise expands into new geographies.
About the Work:
- Call on existing or prospective customers with focus on specific product growth.
- Manage sales territory/activities
- Create sales plan with focus on specific targets at customer level and tactical activities (time scaled) to drive results
- Forecast sales on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for geography and create regional sales quotas and plans, in alignment with broader sales plans and business objectives laid out by the company.
- Report on regional sales results and against established metrics
- Provide market analysis and recommendations
- Compile competitive information.
- Demonstrate products and point out salable features,
- Develop localized sales tools and marketing programs.
- Develop sales presentations, specification documentation, and various marketing or sales materials for the promotion, training or education of FarmWise products.
- Provide product education to all customer groups, ensuring the complete understanding of FarmWise product features, advantages and benefits, pricing, etc.
- Promote products at trade shows and conferences.
- Create a target list of Key End Users for development efforts.
- Compile customer profile documentation for each targeted end user.
- Build relationships with key end users at multiple levels within their organizations, with focus on decision makers that impact FarmWise’s results.
- Educate key end users on product capabilities.
- Identify growth opportunities with target end users and create/implement sales growth plan – document plan.
- Participate in market/crop development efforts
- Integrate FarmWise team into customer growth plans.
- Operate within travel and entertainment expense budget.
- Maintain security of company confidential information.
- Give strong commitment to annual personal development.
- 5+ years of sales or sales management experience within the Farming or Agtech space, and ideally with some large/capital equipment sales experience
- Proven strong background of direct selling to customers and managing dealer and or distributor relationships.
- Self-motivated, team spirited, results oriented with a strategic thinking mindset
- Key industry contacts and or relationships within assigned region and industry markets. Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal and or external contacts.
- Strong sales discipline and negotiation capabilities, strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Key industry contacts and or relationships within assigned region and industry markets.
- Capable of managing a large territory and knowledgeable of the assigned region.
- Strong project management skills.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 9 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Annual learning & development stipend