Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, California
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At FarmWise we value solid Software Engineering experience because having a big impact on our product doesn't require a background in Robotics. You will design and build our robotic software infrastructure in addition to novel robotic capabilities. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our devices to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Build and deploy features for monitoring autonomous performance, localization and mapping, robotic controls and actuation.
- Contribute to our best practices' software engineering organization: expand our test infrastructure, validation methods and improve real-time performance.
- Take part in and sometimes lead the feature development and deployment.
- 5+ yrs. writing robust, production-ready, well-written code.
- Strong communicator with a desire to work in a collaborative, people-first company culture.
- Ability to identify and correct short-comings in software design.
- Experience in production software environments, preferably in C/C++.
- Proficient in software development best practices: code reviews, version control, and testing (unit/smoke/regression).
- Experience with a POSIX based operating system such as Linux, OS-X or ROS.
- Willingness to learn and expand your skills.
- Willingness to work in a codebase that leverages Linear Algebra, 3D Geometry and Machine Learning.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!