HR and Regulatory Compliance Manager
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will build and manage an HR team capable of supporting a growing operations team in the Salinas Valley. You will also be responsible for implementing systems and processes necessary to manage an agricultural labor force in accordance with regulations.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Guides, trains and advises company supervisors and managers on employee and employer rights and responsibilities and maintaining positive employee relations.
- Understands the critical business issues that arise from human resources and develops sound recommendations and best practices to guarantee effective management of the organization’s human capital.
- Works with team to create the training and discipline to build and maintain a safety-conscious culture company-wide.
- Regularly reviews Workers’ Compensation statistics and, in consultation with insurance company, works to reduce injuries and time off work.
- Conducts, documents and makes recommendations relating to investigations on all personnel issues including allegations of harassment, discrimination, injuries etc.
- Ensure all new hire paperwork is completed on time including but not limited to employee handbooks and health insurance enrollment.
- 3+ years of HR management in the Agricultural Sector.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with employees, management to proactively solve staffing and HR issues and develop/ implement constructive solutions.
- Self-motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines