Senior Backend Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Software Engineering /
Who we Are:
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI, Deep Learning, and Robotics to find solutions to food production challenges to help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand-in-hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build innovative products that are changing their lives, and our food supply, for the better.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working with us in the exciting world of AgTech and bringing to market new technologies that will have a big impact on agriculture, then we look forward to you applying!
About the Role:
As a Sr Backend Engineer at FarmWise, you will design and implement the APIs and infrastructure to drive our robots, tools, and business processes. You will design and build features for engineers, operators, farmers, and business integrations.
About the Work:
- Design, build, and maintain features and services to support robots on the field. This includes tablet applications, internal dashboards, and teleops controls.
- Scale efficient APIs to facilitate customer-facing portals on both mobile and web. Compute and serve insights from the field level to the plant level.
- Build a scalable infrastructure for storing and visualizing the data gathered by machines on the field.
- Evaluate, maintain, and improve our backend service architecture, building reusable components and specialized services to create a fully featured infrastructure for our organization’s evolving needs.
- Guide engineers through designing maintainable robotics and machine learning pipelines and interfaces, focusing on scalable data storage and stable, robust API design.
- Continuous focus on improving the user experience, software quality and performance.
- 6+ years of relative experience preferred
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Upholds best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Proficient knowledge of Kotlin or Java, SQL, and Web API development
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance
- Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
- Ability to maintain distributed services, including testing, monitoring, and releases
- Is comfortable working at our Santa Clara office two days a week
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 8 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
FarmWise takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $145k-$175k. FarmWise offers an annual discretionary bonus program, and all employees are offered equity.